Sunday, June 3, 2012

PastaMania @ Westmall

Dinner at Pasta Mania with my family.

A little introduction: PastaMania started in Singapore by an Englishman in 1998, who wanted to make Italian food affordable.




Chicken Ham & Sausage Baked Rice - $8.60

This is quite a shallow baking dish so the portion isn't a lot. I couldn't quite make out the taste of the homemade sauce. It is kinda tomato-ey, creamy cheese bake rice. Love the mushrooms.




Cappuccino - $3.40 Cappuccino is an italian drink prepared with Espresso, steamed mik & froth. Without adding the sugar provided, it is slightly bitter and milky. I love the foam.




Meatballs Spaghetti - $8.90

The usual spaghetti. This is a little watery. I would like it better if the sauce is a little thicker. The meatballs are a little overcooked and hence a little dry and tough. The spaghetti on the hand is well cooked.




Cheese Sticks - $3.90 This is my favourite dish from PastaMania. Love the crispy breadcrumbs. Eating an entire cheese stick is awesome. Very creamy and gooey. If you are afraid of a strong cheesy taste,  try dipping it in the chilli sauce. It cover the strong cheese aftertaste in the mouth.







Seafood Zuppa - $7.90 I don't really like soupy pasta. This one is quite a mild tasting soup. This is not spicy at all, in fact it taste like tomato soup with diced prawns and squid rings in it. If you don't like rich creamy food, you can have a go with this light soup. 




Vongole Spaghetti - $8.90 The clams are really small. Not really worth it in my opinion. 





Smoked Salmon $ Squid Ink Risotto - $9.90 


I'd never tried this before and I have no idea what it was initially. I just wanted to try something new. Basically the black grains are actually Arborio rice cooked with squid ink hence the color. Arborio rice is a type of Italian short-grain rice. The grain size are larger and rounder. I really like the texture of the rice. It taste very refreshing. I think there is some lemon juice and parmesan cheese cooked together with the rice as well. I'd never tried smoked salmon before. I really the smoke taste and I think it goes well with the rice. This dish is pretty dope.


Rating: 3.4/5

A little disappointed with the spaghetti as I had tasted better. The cheese sticks and Risotto are definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment