Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sushizanmai - すしざんまい

When visiting Japan, the most try dish is sushi! The Tsujiki market offers the freshest seafood in Tokyo. Auctions are held here and is especially busy during New Year Day.

Sushizanmai has quite a number of sushi chains in Japan and there are 2 shops around Tsujiki area. For more information, check out their website here.
































Address:
〒 104-0045
4-10-15 Tsukiji, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Mawaru-Sushizanmai Tsukiji-ten
four Tsukiji Chuo-ku Tokyo 104-0045 10-15

Tel :03-6226-6900 / FAX :03-6226-6901

Access: A 3-minute walk Hibiya Line Tsukiji Station
3 minutes walk from Oedo Line Tsukiji Fish Market

This sushi restaurant was recommended on Time's website.


























Look at all those seafood kept at the counter. Very appetizing! Fresh sushi for breakfast is a privilege.























I have a very good experience dining here. First of all, I really love the warm welcome by the chefs and staff. Being greeted by 3 waiters and waitress, 4 chef is really amazing. Makes you feel like a royalty. Haha. We ate at the second floor.
























A snapshot of the sushi making. This is a really cute chef that served us and communicated with us in simple English. Very friendly and skilled. (PS: He is grilling the Unagi)
























I ordered the Uruoi Sushimori Special (13 pieces) - 2079yen (approx. $29.70)

This is the freshest plate of sushi I'd ever eaten. Sashimi is very springy. I love the fact that  Japan has wasabi in each and every piece of the sushi so I don't have to add them myself. Simply dip them in soy sauce and pop it in the mouth. Uni (sea urchin egg) sushi was very creamy and I really love it. Huge scallop on sushi.

Definitely worth the price.

























Miso soup. I'm never really fond of miso soup but I actually like this one. I don't know if it is the extremely cold weather but this soup makes me feel warm in the inside and leave a sweetness in my mouth. It is not too salty, different from those miso soup in Singapore.

I really hope they have a franchise in Singapore so I can eat these again. If you are going to Tokyo, I definitely recommend you to have sushi here!

No comments:

Post a Comment