Saturday, January 19, 2013

KFC - Japan































You might be wondering why did we visit Japan to eat KFC when there are loads of KFC in Singapore. That's because KFC Japan's serve some really interesting flavors that can't be found in other countries.

It is kinda of like Japanized western food which I find amusing. The KFC outlet we visited was in Mitaka, Tokyo which is close to the Mitaka station. (after we visited the Ghibli museum)
























Set meal 590yen. (approx. $8.40) Comes with one chicken (marinated with vegetables, fruits and pepper), one riceball, one coleslaw and one cup of oolong tea. There are other drinks like coke though but I like iced tea.































It is really thoughtful that they included wet tissue to wipe our oily fingers. The cup of oolong tea is some small - like some kid-sized drink but I like it that way because I'm always unable to finish regular size drink so it reduces wastage.































The chicken skin is really crispy. It taste like crispy chicken coated with honey and garlic. Sweet and spicy. This is the juiciest chicken I ever had from KFC and the meat is very tender and well-flavored.
























The coolest thing in the meal. I believe that the riceball is dipped in soya sauce and fried because that is what it taste like.
























The surface tasted like soy sauce rice crust and in the middle just plain white rice. I feel like I'm eating mixed rice with chicken and vegetables.
























This looks suspicious with the light green color mayonnaise. I was right, this coleslaw contains wasabi! The wasabi is quite mild though. I don't really love coleslaw in particular but I finished this one because it taste really good.

This might sound strange but be sure to eat KFC in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment