Sunday, May 20, 2012

I'm a Whovian: Fish Custard


I'm back for another food experiment. Fish and custard don't belong together but as a Whovian I must try and I finally got the chance to :)

Location: Giant Vivocity
Price: $5.15 
Birds Eye is relatively easy to find, they are found in most outlets of Giant and Cold Storage.



For those who don't watch Doctor Who and wonder where Fish custard came from, it started with the very first episode of season 5, when the eleventh doctor landing at the backyard of Amelia Pond and subsequently in Amelia's kitchen looking for some food to eat. I love Matt Smith and I think he did an awesome job in both season 5 and 6.




Here is Charlie Mcdonnell trying out Fish Custard in Challenge Charlie. Now it's my turn.


Ambrosia, low fat devon custard is surprisingly hard to find. I tried NTUC, Cold Storage (Jcube, United Square), Carrefour (Plaza Singapura) and finally found this in Cold Storage Vivocity.

Price: $4.75 

This custard made in the UK nearly cost the same as the fish fingers. Gosh. 


Had a spoon. Thick, rich and sweet egg custard taste. This is really good quality stuff so it explains the price.


Baked golden fish fingers.























Dipped in custard. It is a really strange taste. There is more of a fish taste, with the golden crisp layer and a sweet aftertaste of custard. I can't really taste the egg at this point, only sweetness. I only had three and I can't go on anymore. Fish custard completed!


Custard left. Shouldn't scoop out this much. Wasted.


Tried out the fish finger with Chesdale Herb and Garlic slices. 


Love the cheese. Very strong cheese with a subtle garlic taste. 

Yum!  If you're an ardent fan of Doctor Who, you might want to have a go with fish custard!

Weirdness level: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment